Saturday, March 31, 2012

Recent Recipes

So these recipes actually aren't that recent, I have been meaning to post them for a few weeks now, but the craziness has temporarily died down.   I guess this will last about a week or semi-calmnees (if that) as I just created a mega to-do list of things that I want/need to get done before the babies come, and so much of it needs to get done sooner rather than later.   Of course, I do have pregnancy brain - so if there is something you think should be on my list, let me know so I can either double check it is there or add it (or just ignore you :)

Anyways, on to the recipes.   Back in February I had a few of my AU Crew friends and husbands over and made one of many chili recipes Ive been wanting to try - and it ended up being a big hit with everyone.   So Beth and Julie, here is that recipe you wanted :)

I made this Slow Cooker Tequila Turkey Chili but with a few variations.
  • I like beans in my chili so I used half the amount of ground turkey needed and replaced that with beans.   In this instance, I actually just doubled the recipe since it was feeding 6 (plus two fetuses), so instead of doubling the meat, I used 2 cans of kidney beans.
  • I don't like mixing meat and dairy, so I cut out the milk and bread and just got rid of the first step.
  • I didn't have tomato sauce in the house, but I did have crushed tomatoes, so I just replaced that
If you like chili, or just don't know if you like chili, I highly recommend this.   Its so simple and tastes delicious, and a further added bonus - just as with most slow cooker recipe - it leaves the house smelling delicious.

Also in February, and I believe that same weekend, I went to go visit my friend Abbye and her newborn son, and I was thinking that I wanted to bring some food along for them to enjoy, and I had bananas that were too ripe, so I was going to look for a banana bread recipe when this recipe for pumpkin banana bread came along on one of the blogs I follow.   I must say it helps that I have two cases of canned pumpkin on my shelves because I love using it in my morning oatmeal and I knew that I wouldn't find it so easily once thanksgiving passed.

If you like banana bread - I highly recommend this one, it was quite yummy!

Well with that, I'm off to go be productive around the house - and maybe make that bread again since I have more bananas that are too ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment