Saturday, March 24, 2012

The sex of the babies


I bet that title caught your eye since I have clearly stated I don't want to know :)    Well, sorry to spoil your excitement, we still aren't finding out!


Oh and for those few of you who read this blog, but don't actually know me in real life - I got too busy to be consistent with my blog updates, so I never made the announcement on here - but my husband and I are expecting twins!   It was a big surprise, but one that we are so thankful and excited for!

So anyways, I saw this quiz, Should You Learn Your Babies Sex, on one of the HUNDREDS of baby emails I now get.   And although I knew we didn't want to find out, I decided to take the quiz anyways.   A couple questions in, I was starting to get annoyed, because the questions and answer choices were clearly going to lean this quiz to state that I should learn.

For example, here are some of the questions, my answer choice is in red:
Would you categorize yourself as a control freak?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I'm not sure
MY NOTE: I could never deny this - I need to plan everything out, everything always has a place in my home.   I fully admit I don't just have OCD tendencies, I am probably mildly OCD (I don't fully freak out when things are out of order, but I usually fix them as soon as I notice, and after I while it really irks me if it continues or I don't have time to fix things)
You're the type of person who likes to go on:
  • A Vacation that is clearly planned out
  • A road trip with no destination
  • Somewhere in between
MY NOTE: It would probably be an understatement to say this.   If I go away for even just a weekend, I usually have agenda from wake up to meal-times to things to do.   We don't follow it 100%, but I plan it to the max, and then knock it down a bit.    Just ask my friend Kelsey - Adam and I went to visit her our in Oregon a few years back (when they were still state-side) and I sent her my agenda to see if she thought it was possible.   I can't imagine her immediate response or her facial expressions, cause she nicely said it was a lot for a short vacation (and it WAS, we ended up cutting 1/3 to 1/2 of it out when we were there).
Do you like surprises
  • Yes, I love them!
  • No, I hate them!
  • Somewhere in between
MY NOTE:  I love the idea of being surprised with something awesome, but I usually figure things out first or am disappointed because it isn't as great as I thought.
Are you really hoping for one sex over the other?
  • Yes - I've always wanted a boy/girl
  • No - as long as he/she is healthy, it doesn't matter to me
  • I have a preference, but its not a strong one
My Note:  To be honest, the answer choice that fits me best wasn't there.   Its more a combination of the No and the one I chose - what I really wanted to say was "I have a preference, but as long as he/she is (are in my case) healthy, it doesn't matter to me.

These are just 4 of the 11 questions - but that's still a third of the quiz - so you would guess they would tell me I should find out - right?

Well apparently, I answered the rest of the questions on the opposite side (i.e. Do you have to dress your kid in gender specific clothes?   No) and enough in the middle that it actually said I shouldn't find out.   I was really shocked that it said this based on how I was going through it, but I was also really excited.

So there, even parents magazine agrees with me - I shouldn't find out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment