Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Feature: Wednesday's Web Round-Up

As some of you know - I drive an hour each way to work.   That is (at least) 10 hours a week I spend sitting in the car by myself with my mind going in a thousand different directions.   Im CONSTANTLY thinking of blog posts, but by the time I get the chance to sit in front of a computer I can't remember a single thing I thought about - and I literally have the entire thing written out in my head.   Ive tried recording my thoughts, but the problem is once I speak them out loud - my mind stops working and I can't remember everything I was thinking.

Anyways, I am always thinking about the blog, and recently I started to think about some different features i could have on the blog.   For instance I have lots of "short" thoughts - things that are too long for an fb post, but too short for a blog post - and poof - thoughts for thursday!  

But that will be debuted at a later week.  This week, I am launching "Wednesday's Web Round-Up". I'm not loving the title of this feature - so if you have ideas - let me know!   The general idea is there are TONS of things I read out there on the inter-webs, but I don't share it all because I don't want to hog people's fb news feeds (I do a good enough job of that with pictures and status updates).   Instead, I will save them up and share them, with some comments by yours truly, all at once on a blog post.   

This feature, just like any other feature I launch, won't be weekly - because I'm more realistic than to think Ill just magically have the time to blog - but hopefully every other week.  Who really knows though, maybe this will be the only one, maybe Ill get around to doing it every week... 

Anyways, without further ado - here are some of the interesting stories and videos I saw on the internet over the last couple weeks:

After Seattle's NFC Championship win, Richard Sherman has now become a household name - but not because of his play on the field, but because of his interview after the game.   I thought the same negative things about him that you all did - but you should all read this article as it puts him in a whole new light.



This is me through and through - all the way down to the nail biting...



I know I shared this on my FB feed - but it is totally worthy of another share.   If you are Jewish and participated in a Jewish youth group (BBYO, USY, NFTY, etc), then this is a must read!



Check out this adorable talking husky!  

Well, Ill leave you with those, and now that I have this going, ill get better about sharing good reads and watches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment