Saturday, February 9, 2013

Greek Yogurt - yum!


Greek yogurt is like the duct tape of baking/cooking!   


I've been a big greek yogurt fan for a few years now.   It started mostly as a breakfast thing and then a year ago or so pinterest opened up my eyes.    I saw an egg salad recipe where you used greek yogurt in place of mayo.   This was perfect for me because I'm not a big mayo fan.    Once I tried that, I realized that it would also be a great substitute for sour cream, and I started to have greek yogurt with chili.   The other substitute Ive been using greek yogurt in for some time now is in my kraft mac & cheese (ever since my pregnancy, Ive reverted back to my childhood in some of my food weaknesses and kraft mac & cheese is one of them).   Instead of adding milk (which we rarely have on hand), you substitute greek yogurt.   If you like boxed mac & cheese - you should try this because it makes it so much more delish!

Well that is just the beginning!   More recently, I have found even more places to substitute greek yogurt in using the chobani conversion chart that still makes its way through pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/76420524897563045/).

And on top of that, I keep seeing new places to use greek yogurt in - some more obvious than others.   For instance, I can't believe I didn't think about using it as a substitute for different dips.   But on the other hand, who would have thought that was the missing ingredient for a simple, quick and
healhy" cake?    The other week I saw a healthy cake shortcute - cake mix + 1 cup greek yogurt + 1 cup water and I have to say that = moist and delicious!    I wasn't so sure right away, although hubby was.   But the next day I was sold, I realized it was just missing some sort of icing - and Im sure there is a greek yogurt icing somewhere around that could be used.   

I keep seeing more and more posts for different things, and I can't wait to try them all - I might just have to create a new board titiled "Greek Yogurt"!   

I do love me some greek yogurt!   What about you?   What are your favorite ways to use/eat greek yogurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment