Friday, January 18, 2013

a shot of (your own) breast-milk?

The other day a read a post from a breastfeeding group I follow on Facebook     They were talking about the flu epidemic and said that the poster and her husband were gonna take a shot of her breast-milk and sneak some into the older kids drinks to help keep the flu at bay and posed the question to others on whether they have or would do the same.

I know my breast-milk is natural and I have always been semi-curious to know what the babies are tasting, but I can't imagine ever drinking my own breast-milk or having hubby or anyone other than my babies drink my breast-milk.     I know that breast-milk has lots of great antibodies, and that's why "breast is best" for the babies, but I also think that once your children can verbally ask for the boob, that you are past the point of when you should be breastfeeding.    To each their own, and if someone really wants to nurse a 2 year old or a 6 year old than that's their (families) choice, it's just not for me.    But alas, that is a very touchy subject and I don't want to get into that.    I'm more curious about everyone's thoughts on a) drinking your own breast-milk and b) drinking your wife's breast-milk.

What do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment