Sunday, December 16, 2012

A thankful month - Day 15

I had a very busy day yesterday (and expect today to be even busier), so yesterday's thankful post is coming this morning.  The main reason for my absence yesterday was because I had my boss's wedding, and that has a lot to do with today's thankful post.

I'm thankful for my job.    During the last 5 and a half years, I dates a couple people, married one of them, moved into our own home, had children, but along the entire way, my job has always stayed the same - well, my place of employment has always stayed the same :)

There were times where I couldn't wait to get out of there, especially the first 2 years or so.   But a lot has changed at work, a lot of the "bad eggs" have left the company, boss's have changed, we have been more recognized within the industry and are now one of the top CME providers, which means much more work on my plate, and my role has also changed a lot, moving up the ladder and even over a little bit.    As always, money and benefits could be a little better, but now that I've been there for so long, as has most of my department, our working situation is so much better, it would take a lot of time to be able to duplicate a lot of that somewhere else.   (And I've learned through Adam's jobs that the benefits can be that much worse!). 

I look forward to the situation continuing on the upswing and hopefully sticking around a little while longer.     Working closer to where I live would be much nicer - and I have NO intentions of moving into NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment