Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Our newest additions and my MIL

Well I had the twins last Thursday.   They were born exactly at 36 weeks due to some concern about our Baby B.   More on all that another time though - this post is being sparked by an email received by my ILs (SHOCKING), and it was just too long for a facebook post, but it should be somewhat quick.

During my early morning pumping session, I decided to try to start to finally clear through some emails and I see the following email from my MIL from Saturday:

We are e-mailing rather than calling because we know how hectic this time can be.  Hope you are resting  and feeling wonderful.  We'd like to stop and  see our gorgeous grandchildren this evening around 6:00. 

Ummmm - why would you think Im gonna see an email?  Especially since you recognize this time is hectic.    I did bring my laptop, but it was barely used and they didn't know I had it.   They did eventually send a text, but I wasn't able to respond as I was in the NICU visiting my daughter, until later that afternoon and said it was okay, but they never responded and pretended not to see it until well after 6pm.    They decided to just come the next day and spent a whole 20 minutes there - arriving after my neighbors and leaving before them - so the combined total of their visits was about 60 minutes, only 20 of which was spent actually seeing their grandchildren - the other time they got there early and left pretty quickly because we were spending time in the NICU and they didn't bother to wait around.

I would bet lots of money (if I had it) that if our daughter was the one in the room with us and our son were in the NICU, they would have spent more time and made more attempts because they finally got their girl.    Don't get me wrong - Im glad they weren't around much, but my biggest concern about the possibility of having a boy and a girl was that it would be obvious that the girl would be favored more by them.    This still hasn't been proven, and who knows, maybe they just won't give our kids much attention at all since we don't put up with their antics, but I'm betting its the former...

Okay - well pumping session is over, and IM gonna go get a couple hours of shut eye before the next nursing session.

No comments:

Post a Comment