Thursday, November 3, 2011

Who let the dogs out? Who Who Who Who

I have a co-worker who at least once a day has a song stuck in his head and yells over the cubicle wall to another coworker the name of the song - therefore getting it stuck in her head and anyone within ear shot (about 6 of us).   He mentioned this song at 3pm today, and its stuck in my head- and now yours...

Now that that's done, on to my post that has NOTHING to do with the title...

I apologize for my absence from my blog.   As I predicted a month ago, I let the busy time of year (professionally) get the best of my personal time.  

I have traveled 2 out of the last 3 weekends on business (plus another weekday business trip in there) and I'm coming up on weekend number 3 this weekend, and then weekend number 4 in two weeks.   This of course adds up to about 4 days to myself (for cleaning, laundry, errands, relaxation, long walks with the dogs, sanity, etc) in a 2 month span of time.   That little personal time makes for a not fun time.  

The good thing is, I'm actually handling balancing it all pretty well considering the complete imbalance.  The bad news is, it came to a big crash this past weekend.   Just like most people, when I'm eating well, I'm doing well on all fronts - I exercise well, I'm more organized therefore getting more done around the house, I'm more productive at work, etc, etc, etc.    After a string of working 17 out of 19 days (and going on 30 out of 33) and having tweaked my back muscles towards the end of those 19 days - I was started to "fall apart". 

I went to weight watchers two weeks in a row having lost a pound each week - of which I didn't expect to either week - and I decided I deserved a night off to reward myself.   I didn't go completely crazy, but I wasn't counting points. 

I started the next day off well, and then I ordered a sandwich for lunch in Chicago and it was GINORMOUS and I ate the entire thing.   I figured I could make it up - if I wasn't hungry - at dinner, I would just skip it and go to bed.   But then my coworker got me all hyped about going out to dinner.   In the end we were both exhausted, so I ordered room service. 
Good News - I ordered soup for my meal. 
Bad News Part A: The soup definitely had a lot of cream in it, so not healthy. 
Bad News Part B: They delivered the soup with 3 yummy challah-type rolls - and I devoured two of them. 
Bad News Part C: The dessert sounded really good to me, so I ordered it...and ate it all even though I was stuffed after the first bite.

Okay one and a half bad days - I can come back from this...

Then on Saturday, I started breakfast with a bagel at 9am after being up for 5 and a half hours already.   Not completely bad, but thats not a good use of my points.    Then the news came...our flight had been cancelled - and it set me down the wrong path.   Come lunch time I started good - I had a hotel boxed lunch, which was a veggie sandwich with mozzerella on a bagel.   I ate all the veggies, some of the cheese and a little bit of the bagel.   But then the cheesecake that came with it was calling my name and the 19g of fat was outweighed by the flight being cancelled - so I ate it...

Then my boss said that if we were all stuck in Chicago, he was gonna take us out for a nice dinner.  Do you know how hard it is not to splurge when you don't pay the bill?   Trust me - its hard!   Its even harder when it isn't even your company credit card isn't associated with it in any way whatsoever...

My boss ordered 3 apps for us to share - which wasn't that bad - then told us to order a soup or salad with our entree, and they had a lobster bisque soup on the menu.   It was so rich and yummy!!!   Then came out my seafood risotto - which was not on the menu and the chef made just for me.   Well that was delicious and although I was again stuffed after the first bite, I didn't want to hurt the chef's feelings - so I ate as much as I could...

I eventually got back on track on Monday and Tuesday, but then I fell off on Wednesday when I got turned away from weight watchers (look for future post...) and got back to the office and had a small piece of a cake a co-worker made...and then another small piece...and then another - and by the time I got home I only had 2 points left for dinner and it was too dark out to take the dogs for a walk.   So I said "F" it, and I sat on the sofa and snacked and snacked and snacked...

And hear I am today, another day started off right, and turned bad at lunch.   Not as bad as yesterday though.  I took the dogs for a walk when I got home, but now I have to figure out a LOW point dinner I can eat - like 2 points :(   I think Im just gonna eat a normal dinner and start back on plan tomorrow.   But it will be hard because I will be back in Chicago for 3 days, 2 nights, and have plans for dinner on both those nights...I just need to be enticed by the healthier options...

Do you all think I should go to weight watchers tomorrow night and see that I gained back like 3 pounds in one week?   Or should I skip it and try to make up some of it next week?

Here is to eating healthy, exercise, getting back to a good personal/professional balance and getting back to blogging this coming week!   Hope you all have a good balance and are keeping a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment