Saturday, September 24, 2011

Israel

For the few (if any) readers out there who don't know - I'm Jewish.   I'm quite proud of my religion and the history of my people.   I had the opportunity to visit Israel the summer of '99 and it was awesome!   I can't wait for the opportunity to go back again, but this time take my husband, who has not seen the beauty the Jewish state has to offer.   

I used to always say that if I had the physical abilities to serve in the military - I would have done it for Israel.   (When 9/11 came, my view was swayed slightly - but it makes no difference, because I'm not physically able due to asthma, herniated discs and piss poor eyesight/eye issues).

For those of you living in the deep depths of oblivion and don't pay attention to any sort of news - it has been expected that Palestine would ask the UN for recognition of statehood.   The thought being that maybe the US could work a border deal out with them.   They never worked a deal out and Palestine did ask for recognition.   And this article pretty much sums up my whole reasoning on why it should not be granted.

Don't get me wrong - the Jewish people have their own recognized country, and I would be willing to recognize Palestine with fair borders/land being offered given that a) peace comes with it and Israel isn't in a constant state of war and b)its agreed that those are the borders - done, end of story, nothing else, zip, zero, zilch.   But as you can see - there are still too many people (with too many guns and too much violence) to allow that occur. 

I know there will be a lot of people out there who might not agree with this post - and I respect your right to have your own opinion - but this is my blog, so I get to say this: I just don't respect your opinion.

Wishing all Jews all over the world, and especially in the Jewish State, a L'Shana Tova.   And stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment