Friday, August 5, 2011

What is this world coming to?

So after a long day of working, I was finally ready to stop and go to bed at 10:45pm tonight when i decided to jump onto facebook - and Im glad I did. 

My immediate family and I recently reconnected with a cousin and met his wife and son.   We all had a great time together and already made future plans.   The night that we all met, my cousins wife friended me on facebook - and its been great, because she's gotten to know me through my blog posts and me her a bit through her facebook posts. 

Well anyways, back to tonight - my cousins wife had a post that I thought was interesting, but didn't think anything of it.   She mentioned that if you googled stabbing in mansfield, nj on aug 5 that there was tons of stuff populating - all the way to texas.   I don't know Jersey geography, so I just assumed that might have been near her.   Then I continued to read posts, and saw the one she posted before that.   The stabbing in Mansfield, NJ was my cousin, her husband.    He was just delivering gas (he's a tanker driver) when this guy just started stabbing him.    Sharon says he should be okay, but he is in the hospital overnight.    Keeping my cousin Jake and his wife and son in my thoughts and prayers.

Seriously what is this world coming to?!?!? 

With that, Im gonna try to be more appreciative of what I have in my life and of my family.   It really all could be gone in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment