Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Saturday Evening - Part 2 - Melting Pot and the aftermath

So in trying to figure out where to go after Taste, we had talked about going to the Melting Pot for their patio special, but we weren't sure if it was going to be too hot to do that.   In the end, it ended up being fine, and we went to the Melting Pot.   By the time we got there it was 7:30ish, so the heat had died down and they had umbrella's to try and minimize the heat from the sun that was still up.  

I'm not sure about the Melting Pot's near everyone else, but the one near us in Warrington has this great deal going right now, and I highly recommend it.    Its called Pinot on the Patio. For $20 per person you get a glass of Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir, Cheese Fondue and Dessert Fondue.   For Melting Pot - that is a great deal.  


I was pleasantly impressed with the Pinot Noir - I kinda just expected it to be a crappy house Pinot.   Not sure what type it was, but it was good. 

For the cheese fondue, we ordered the spinach and artichoke.   It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.   Of course you never would have guessed that the way we cleaned the fondue bowl - but then again, that was our dinner.

For the dessert fondue we had the Disarrono Meltdown.   This was yummy!   It was white chocolate and Disarrono Amaretto."flambeed" tableside.   There was no flambeeing tableside - the dude didn't even let it warm up before he left.  With all that being said, by the time we let it warm up - it was good.

So all in all a good evening out with some good company.   And then came the aftermath. 

The FIL ran into the Uncle and he innocently mentioned that we were out together the night before. So my husband got a call from the FIL about how Im tearing him apart from the family (not even gonna get started on this part) and how upset he is that we don't choose to spend our social time with them.  

Does anyone else make plans to go out for drinks and dinner with their parents or in-laws?   I go to Phillies games with my mom, and my parents make a family dinner every Sunday night, but I don't make plans to go out with my folks - and I surely don't have any intention to do it with my in-laws.    With other family members that are closer in age to us and that we consider friends - yes!   With family members that are banned by the ILs - yes, cause thats the only way we see them.   With friends - OF COURSE!  

3 comments:

  1. Ughh! I told Rich and after his look of shock, he said we were going to have to see if M & M can go out with us this weekend. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go out to dinner with my parents sometimes, but that's because 1) it's an easy way for a free meal out and 2) my mom doesn't cook. We also trek to NJ every other month or so for lunch at my in-laws. Not my favorite activity but it's like an obligation. We only go OUT with my in-laws when they take us for someone's birthday, to an expensive restaurant!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My inlaws used to invite us out for dinner on random nights in the past but not lately. When we are down the shore and we make no specific plans with friends we do tend to go out to dinner or have dinner as a family on Saturday nights but it is never planned or an official outing. We do have movie nights sometimes down the shore mainly where the guys go to one movie and the girls go to another, but again no specific dates are planned to hang out with my inlaws or my parents unless it is for a special occasion.

    Your FIL can't fault you for having a social life. That is just mean.

    ReplyDelete