Thursday, August 11, 2011

Culinary Circle Tikka Masala Review

I went food shopping at Acme last month, and they had some great deals going on some of their frozen meals.   One that jumped out at me was a skillet meal for Chicken Tikka Masala from Culinary Circle (which is their store brand).

As it was cooking - it smelled delish, so I was pretty excited.    Man was I disappointed.   It was disgusting!   The chicken was super fatty and gross, so I started to just pick around the chicken.   The rest was edible, but not good.

I had a curry rice in the freezer from Trader Joe's so I decided to try that.   I originally wasn't planning to make it because the frozen meal has rice, but since I barely touched the meal, I made this.   Well this was almost equally disappointing.   It wasn't inedible, or in all reality even disgusting, I think it just wasn't what I was expecting.    It was very heavy flavored with onions and had TONS of pearl onions in there and not very heavy flavored in curry.

Overall I highly DON'T recommend the Culinary Circle Tikka Masala - Ill let you make your own decision on Trader Joe's Curry rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment