Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Habits

Random fact (or maybe not so random) - It takes 21 days for people to form habits.   I know this because I subscribe to cooking light - and they have this whole thing this year - 12 Healthy Habits - a new one each month so that you have the month to form the habit before adding the next one.

Well I have been trying to lose weight and consistently exercise and I had great luck in the beginning of the year, but then I went on a 1 week business trip to San Diego in late February - which I thought I was healthy - but when I stepped on the scale back home found out I wasn't.   Ever since then, I haven't been able to form a habit.

That is until the last few weeks.   A couple weeks ago, I picked up my walking and was consistently exercising.   When I exercise I naturally eat healthier (for me they just kinda go together).   I was two weeks in and doing really well - lost about 5 lbs and I was having fun walking with Charger.

Then came the damned heat wave!!  Last week it was way too hot for me to get outside, and therefore my exercising lapsed.   And when my exercise lapsed, so did my diet.   I put all the weight I lost over the last 2 months back on.   I really need to get my butt in gear with both exercise and eating right.   Maybe Ill follow weight watchers - I lost 50lbs on it back in 2002-2003, so I know it works well for me (and I haven't put a single lb of that back on)

Anyways, here is to starting back up with my habit forming and living a healthier life.   let me know if you want to be my buddy - and maybe we can help each other out.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya there Lynda! Did you just find out about the 21 days? Maybe a daily or nightly text from you this week will keep me walking in Kentucky! I was doing well until the heat too! As soon as i get back lets go on our walks. 7 more weeks!

    lauren

    ReplyDelete